1. Apple’s iCloud is a great cloud service if you are a big Apple user and fan. It gives out 5 GB of storage for free to all who sign up with iCloud. But if you need more than 5 GB, you can pay and get quite a lot more for a really good price. You can get 20 GB of storage for $0.99 per month, 200 GB for $3.99 per month, 500 GB for $9.99 per month, and 1 TB for $19.99 per month.
2. You can put pretty much anything you want on your iCloud storage. Music, photos, documents, small things like contacts and passwords, and really anything else you want. With the new update for the iCloud, the iCloud Drive, you can now manage your iCloud on your computer. You can upload any kind of document, video, or music to it right on your computer.
3. iCloud is very secure, and Apple makes sure that it stays secure. iCloud encrypts data that is stored on the iCloud, and then stores that data on a server and encrypts the data while being stored there, and for authentication they use secure tokens. This means that it is protected from other users who are not authorized to use your data while it is being stored and while it is being transferred as well. They use 128-bit AES encryption, which is the same security that many financial institutions use. And they never give out encryption keys to any third parties.
4. There are a lot of little features that iCloud has which make it easier for the user who is connected into Apple’s digital ecosystem. iCloud works with Safari, Apple internet browser, so that you can save your bookmarks and tabs on iCloud and pull those same bookmarks and tabs up on your iPhone or iPad. It also stores all your contacts so that you can access them on your computer, and when you get a new phone you can get them real quick without having to backup your sim card. It also has something called Family Sharing where you can share music and apps that everyone in your family buys so each of you in the family doesn’t have to buy the same song or app. It also uploads all your calendar events, reminders, and notes you make. There is also a a neat feature that enables you to find your phone from your computer if you lost it. iCloud can only be managed on a desktop computer, but you are able to access the cloud through other apps like Apple’s word processing app called Pages. You can access iCloud through that app to access Pages documents you have saved.
5. I selected this cloud service because it is one that I use right now, and I am very pleased with it. I am a big Apple person and I like how I have everything connected between my devices. And when I get a new phone I don’t have to plug it into my computer to update everything or backup everything, it’s all on my cloud so I just sign in on my new phone and everything downloads to my phone that I use like my contacts, notes, calendar events, and even my music.