Web 2.0 Assessment
What types of SM/Web 2.0 do you engage in. These may include any websites (blogs,wikis) that you maintain or engage with on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. What Social Media sites that you have a presence on (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.)
I have a blog on Word Press called Blog to your mother. But I honestly don’t use it much. I should use it more, if not just to rant and rave about life. But I never seem to have the time. I am on most social network sites. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and even Vine. I have two YouTube Channels, one that I use for school and one for personal that almost never gets used.
- How often do you engage or interact on these sites.
Facebook I am on daily, but that’s going to change soon. Going through a breakup and Facebook really should just be avoided when these things happen to me. Twitter I almost never use. Instagram I used a lot when I first downloaded it a few years back, but now I don’t really use it. I scroll through Vine every once in a while, but I am not one to upload videos onto it. YouTube is really only for school stuff.
- Do you find that you have different habits on each Web 2.0/SM site? Do you engage differently on blogs than you do on Facebook?
I don’t engage in my blog enough to say really. Facebook is a constant thing for me, but blogging isn’t. Although, again, it should be.
- What are your reasons for using SM/Web 2.0? Social involvement, community activity, information sharing?
I use it primarily to keep in touch with old friends and loved ones. Also to keep others in the loop with what is going on in my world.
- What would you like to see change about SM/Web 2.0? More ease of sharing? Easier development?
I personally like it the way it is. Other than the News feed isn’t always the way it should be. I’d like to see things more orderly. But I’m probably dreaming.
- Are there parts of Web 2.0/SM that you don’t or will not use? Why?
I am not one for the Facebook games. I know a lot of people get really into them, but they really aren’t good. Just time fillers for people that are retired mostly…